Sheet Metal Worker - 2nd shift - $24+
Our Germantown client is seeking sheet metal workers for 2nd shift.
Pay ranges from $21-28/hr based on experience, and this is a direct hire opportunity!
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Work within an innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Come as you are because jeans and t-shirts will be your daily outfit. If you don’t want to think about what to wear each day, uniforms are available after 90 days. Safety Shoe Reimbursement available from the start.
- Most Shop employees are eligible for group incentive
- Generous time off program, with the option to purchase additional Paid Time Off. Twelve paid holidays a year, including a company-wide paid holiday shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, free basic dental, life insurance, 401(k) with company match and more
Here’s your opportunity:
This position will be responsible for fabricating, forming and deburring sheet metal. Set-up and operating complex fabricating machines and equipment will be required. This position will maintain tolerances as specified on blue prints and follow routing sequences. Adheres to safety and quality standards.
This is a 2nd shift position, the hours are 2:30pm to 11:00pm.
Here’s how you’ll contribute:
- Operates brake presses to bend, cut and manipulate materials into specified shapes*
- Studies and interprets blueprints or plans and takes careful measurements of materials
- Basic understanding of required equipment setups*
- Proficient within applicable computer programs and scanning operations
- Proficient in all Standard Operating Procedures for department/cell
- Proficient understanding of department specific tools and measuring equipment
- Knowledge of product packaging procedures and labeling
- Meets productivity expectations*
- Works from Bill of Materials / Print Shop Paper*
- Completes Industrial Lift Certification (as needed)
- Exposure to continuous improvement
- Helps resolves production issues*
- Understands and engages in department metrics*
- Proficient in scrap out procedures
- Other duties may be assigned
Here’s why we want you:
High School diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of sheet metal experience. Vocational school education a plus. Must have fundamental knowledge of fabricating machine operations and shop practices usually acquired by on the job training. Requires basic shop math, blue print reading and the ability to use a wide variety of measuring equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, and stand for extended periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.