Extrusion Tech - any shift - $24+
Our Milwaukee client is seeking candidates with experience in Plastics and Extrusion.
What has been shared regarding the best parts about working at this company?
• Clean environment
• Climate Control Manufacturing Environment (air conditioning) with Great Lighting
• Multiple shifts to choose from
• Career growth within the organization
• Team environment
• GED program
• Stable company
Some Benefits Include: Paid Training / Paid Lunch / Quarterly Gain Sharing Bonus Work/Life: Paid Time Off / Paid Holiday / Onsite Medical Clinic / Wellness Program / Tuition Reimbursement / Company Discounts
What You Will Do: Under the direction of the Extrusion Manager, the Extrusion Tech II is responsible for overseeing the running of extruders and punches on the shift, setting the dies, completing documentation, and maintaining process parameters to ensure the manufacturing of quality products.
• Coordinate with the Technicians regarding work priorities for the department
• Coordinate all work instructions with the Technicians, including machine setup, material needs, downstream needs, packaging etc., to maintain machine efficiency
• Set parameters for the machines by following the set-up procedure sheet. Ensure that all data sheets, scrap records and Q/A documentation are used and completed.
• Must ensure that all processes are running efficiently, and at the standard production rates or above that are listed on the work orders
• Troubleshoot machine problems to maintain the production of a quality product. Report any machine repairs, needs, etc. to maintenance or the department manager
• Understanding of extrusion and punch processing
• Read and interpret shop orders.
• Monitor the extrusion process including temperature awareness
• Visually inspect product for quality and take necessary measurements
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Perform grinding function as needed.
• Required Personal Protective Equipment always worn during shift
What You Bring:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1+ years Extrusion experience
• Ability to read and understand tool and product blueprints/specifications.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs. and stand/walk for up to 12 hours when scheduled.
• Prior forklift experience preferred.
• Must be able to perform detailed inspections and complete associated documentation.
• Ability to follow detailed instruction in either written or oral form.