Do you have assembly experience and an eye for detail? Our Franklin client is looking for 1st Shift Assemblers to work in their Woodshop. If you’re familiar and have practice using spray guns, sanding equipment, staplers, hammers and other basic hand tools we’d love to hear from you!
- Push carts of prepared wood pieces to work area
- Assemble necessary parts required for the project
- Add putty, wood filler or use appropriate marker to correct holes/blemishes
- Assemble door parts and fasten door hinges to cabinet or canopy
- Sand corners, edges and rough spots, remove all excess glue, and visually inspect for acceptable quality appearance
- Determine appropriate color (stain and sealer) or top coat finish to be applied
- Prepared spray equipment by obtaining all necessary supplies
- Move individual cabinets along conveyor into spray booth
- Spray entire cabinet with stain or top coat
- Wipe cabinet to remove excess stain and check for uniform color.
- Continuous use of binks spray guns, sanding equipment, air powered nail guns, staplers, screw drivers, sanders, hammers and other basic hand tools.
- May be assigned to assist in other production areas to lift, load and unload as needed.
- Accurately complete work order by documenting product quantity, sizes and rejects produced
Shift and Pay:
- 1st Shift: 5:00am - 3:30pm
- Monday – Thursday with potential for overtime on Fridays
- Pay: $13.00 / hr
This position will assemble (glue, nail, sand, stack and package) pre-cut wood pieces to make various size cabinets and canopies, apply uniform coating of colored stain and top coat finishes, assemble cabinets and visually inspect all cabinets to meet quality standards.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within this field
- Previous experience working in a woodshop environment
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities
- Proven Communication Skills
- Basic mathematic skills Ex) converting fractions to decimals
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner