Seeking Shipping/Receiving Clerk for IMMEDIATE start!
If you have experience in the following, consider bringing your skills to our Milwaukee – area client, who need a shipping clerk for 1st shift:
- Experience communicating with UPS/FEDEX
- Able to correctly fill out a Bill of Lading
- Must be able to life up to 45 lbs
- Pull production and get ready for shipment
- SAP experience preferred
In this position you’ll engage in various activities including assembling, checking, crating, weighing, loading and securing of shipments while meeting or exceeding customer expectations for product quality.
Pay is $16-18/hour depending on experience.
1st shift is 6 am – 2:30 pm
Essential Duties/Key Responsibilities:
- Prints out daily/weekly/monthly computer will ship report to determine customer product ship out dates.
- Consults with Manufacturing Management and Production Supervisors to determine product availability for shipment.
- Prints packing slips off the computer, prepares bills of lading, invoices, and other records needed to ship product.
- Ensures shipped product is in compliance with customer specifications.
- Ensure shipments are made in accordance with Quality Objectives set forth for the shipping department. (On Time Delivery Standards).
- Communicate with customer service representatives regarding, late, early and over shipments.
- Coordinate with purchasing personnel for return of vendor rejected product.
- Coordinate with wire vendors regarding return of empty reels.
- Notify and coordinate with trucking carriers for pick-up of customer product and/or other shipping needs.
- Help direct movement of finished product from the final inspection area to designated warehouse storage areas.
- Review finished good inventory and advise Manufacturing Management of any adjustments needed to bring the inventory to the actual amount on hand.
- Perform an end of the month physical inventory on all finished products stored in the warehouse and final inspection areas
- Bar scan all production steps as required.
- Document all work performed and required inspections on customer work orders (travelers) per instructions in applicable work instruction.
- Minimize scrap/damage through proper handling of product
- Communicate problems with product and equipment to supervision.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Adhere to all company safety rules, regulations and company policies.
- Utilize personal protective equipment such as safety glasses as established in company policies and safe work procedures.
- Be aware of Quality Objectives and help work toward achieving monthly goals.
- Miscellaneous other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Education and Professional Requirements:
- Education and/or Experience: High school education, general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English required.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to operate lift trucks and pallet jacks.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Mechanical skills/knowledge assembly experience desirable.
- Knowledge of Shipping operations and warehouse shipping experience.
- Familiarity with trucking carriers and shipping couriers and related procedures.
- Ability to use wrapping machines and banders
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and ERP applications (SAP business one preferred).