CNC Machine Operator III
The CNC Machining Center Operator III/Programmer ensures machine is set up, works properly, and can produce materials that conform with company quality, quantity, and efficiency standards.
- Requires a broad knowledge of machining techniques and familiarity with computer numerically controlled machine tool operating procedures along with programming experience.
- Work from operational data and machine setup instructions defining and coding tool arrangements, material clamping methods, machine calibrations and console settings for operation.
- Familiar with and understand program formats involving combination of operations such as profile and contour milling, boring, recessing, turning, drilling, threading, etc. to the capacity of the machine and control factor.
- Perform advance setup operations and adjustments. Operate numerically controlled machine tools to perform a complex series of progressive machining operations.
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Finish specifications requiring a high degree of skill.
- Check parts for conformance to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of machining.
- Ability to follow written instructions, diagrams, and blueprints.
- Ability to follow proper safety protocols.
- Ability to determine whether machinery is working properly based on specifications for expectations such as cutting speeds.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; technical/vocational school diploma highly preferred.
- At least three years of experience as a machine operator preferred.
- Must be able to work in noisy environments.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, squat, and climb to access all parts of the machine.