Fulfillment Expeditor - 1st shift - $20+
Responsible for ensuring all customer orders are executed on time and to order specifications. Monitor available-to-promise (ATP) inventory levels, identifies potential shortages, and initiates corrective action as required. Optimize shipping/distribution throughput, by effectively managing pick-up and delivery schedules, warehouse management system (WMS) workflows, dock door assignments, and carrier equipment pools. Review customer compliance program requirements, communicates special handling instructions, and enforces adherence against the same.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Initiate queries in WMS and enterprise-resource-planning (ERP) systems as required to match product availability with outbound order queues.
• Request assistance from Inventory Control team to investigate and resolve product availability issues and questions.
• Coordinate movement of product between manufacturing and distribution facilities—or within the distribution center itself—as necessary to alleviate projected shortages.
• Work with Receiving team to coordinate daily priorities of movement, to include container expedites and urgent crossdock receipts.
• Work with Customer Service, Planning, and Production teams to allocate products in short supply, or adjust manufacturing orders and assembly schedules.
• Coordinate pick line replenishment and full pallet let-downs.
• Manage order releases in WMS; generate and distribute pick lists and shipping labels; process product cuts and substitutions.
• Communicate customer order requirements and special handling instructions to material handlers; audit picking and labeling processes; review compliance issues and shipping errors; initiate process improvement efforts where necessary.
• Work with the Traffic team and external carriers to execute shipments as appointed, or to reschedule pick-ups for missed appointments; monitor and communicate carrier performance trends.
• Prepare transportation paperwork, to include packing lists, shipping manifests, and bills of lading; maintain physical files and electronic document retention system.
• Manage driver check-in, dock door assignments, and drop trailer pick-up.
• Audit outbound shipment paperwork to ensure correct product, quantity, weight, carrier, and destination; ensure all shipments are dispatched correctly in WMS.
• Prepare various reports, analysis, and scorecards as deemed appropriate or necessary.
• May lead the day-to-day activities of an assigned team or function. Provide guidance to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the established policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
• Other duties as deemed necessary.