Material Handler - 1st Shift /2nd shift $17-$18/hr
>>Computer and basic Microsoft program knowledge are required<<
Material Handler I – 2nd shift - Hamilton
Job Department: Shipping / Receiving
Pay Rate: $20.00/ Hr.
1st shift hours: 2pm-10pm (MON-FRI / overtime possible on Saturday)
Individual will maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies by providing support for workstations. Move/transfer material in orderly manner to insure proper flow of service and operations. Activities comply with current ISO requirements, all safety requirements, and good housekeeping requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections.
- Weigh count containers as needed.
- Dispose of scrap in the containers provided and move scrap to its proper destination.
- Use handheld scanners for routing and receiving of product.
- Required to operate overhead crane.
- May be required to train any new employee assigned to the area.
- Must have working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
- Able to learn computer programs necessary to complete job functions.
- Be familiar with each work center and assigned personnel including quality hold, scrap hold, warehousing staging, and shipping staging areas.
- Understand the part number system and the importance of double checking all part numbers before proceeding with any movement of parts.
- Know where the scales are located and how to use them properly. Understand standard operating procedure for performing verification etc.
- Completes tasks assigned by Shipping Supervisor as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
Must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily and meet the physical demands to successfully perform the essential function of this job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or physical ability required. At CMC’s discretion, exceptions to these can be made to accommodate individual circumstances.
- Computer and basic Microsoft program knowledge are required
- Employee must be able to perform basic reading, writing and mathematical functions.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and write. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, memorandums and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and written.
- Mathematical Skills – Basic mathematical skills are required. Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to understand and carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registration – Must possess (acquire through training) and maintain fork lift operator certification.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Education and/or experience – High school diploma or GED preferred.