Process Technician - any shift - $26-35/hr
Bring your plastics experience to our Milwaukee client. They are hiring Process Technicians on all 3 shifts.
These are direct hire roles and pay ranges from $26-35/hr depending on experience. Apply now to speak with a recruiter!
Process Tech 2 is responsible for supporting the injection molding departments operational goals. The primary responsibilities of this role will include Start-up of all down machines when ready, attending and actively participating in tech meetings, housekeeping, checking process parameters while ensuring all alarms are on and active, submitting first pieces to the Quality Lab, completing material changes, and setting scales. The Process Tech 2 will provide troubleshooting support to the production group to correct problems. This role will function as the liaison between Production and the Process Engineering dept.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and making recommendations for processing issues.
- Starting up presses after; changes (mold changes, conversions, material changes, etc.), rehangs, repairs, mold cleans, or other reasons
- Work with the Industrial Engineering team to ensure proper documentation is created and distributed regarding process sheets and deviations.
- Housekeeping (including purge, scrap parts, etc.) and proper storage of equipment, supplies etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Attend and successfully complete forklift training.
- Evaluate current state processing conditions and recommend improvement plans as needed.
- Developing procedures for production related duties that may be used as reference/training materials.
- Work on audit preparedness for both internal and external audits.
- Assist in maintaining HellermannTyton's certifications by supporting all corporate policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Minimum of three years as Process Technician preferred.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Must pursue advanced education in the area of injection molding such as WCTC Apprenticeship program, Paulson Training, RJG training, etc.
- Proven ability to work independently or within a team.
- Strong computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge of scientific injection molding principles and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of DOE principles and techniques.
- Proven ability to prioritize and multitask.
Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience):
- High school diploma or equivalency, required.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Process Technician preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Must be able to lift push and pull up to 75 lbs. and be able to stand/walk for 12 hours.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of SPC principles.