Extrusion Process Engineer - 1st shift - $90K +
Under the direction of the Senior Manufacturing Manager, the Extrusion Process Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and continuously improving all Extrusion processes throughout the department. The Extrusion Process Engineer will assist with the training and evaluation of all department Extrusion Technicians to ensure compliance with all processes. Needs to take a leading role in new technologies and new product development/testing. Also, will be able to oversee the running of extruders on any shift, setting the dies, completing documentation, and maintaining process parameters to ensure the manufacturing of quality products.
- Lead the product development and testing phase from the Extrusion floor.
- Research new technologies and assist in developing business plan to implement.
- Train new department hires on specific department processes, practices, and repairs.
- Recommend any additional training programs needed for co-workers.
- Make recommendation to Senior Manufacturing Manager based on co-worker performance.
- Report to the Senior Manufacturing Manager any machine/equipment deficiencies/breakdowns, etc.
- Ensure that all process parameters are maintained within the specification limits.
- Follow all instructions and direction set forth by Senior Manufacturing Manager
- Follow all instructions to maintain inventory control and cycle counts
- Have good communication with all department personnel
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Communicate all quality and/or process issues to Senior Manufacturing Manager and other necessary support departments.
- Make recommendations for improvement to Senior Manufacturing Manager
- Perform grinding duties as needed.
- Provide "hands-on" support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of extrusion and punch processing, generally accepted manufacturing principles, with ability to document non-conformances.
- Ability to operate, effectively and efficiently, all Extruders and Punches
- Ability to analytically evaluate all department processes for optimum efficiency
- Self motivated.
- Ability to clearly write work instructions, processes, and training documents.
- Ability to access and use MES and ERP software.
- Ability to read and interpret shop orders.
- Visually inspect product for quality and take necessary measurements.
- Understand and perform basic maintenance with extrusion equipment when needed.
- Understanding of inventory and impact of cycle counting on company records.
- Forklift certified at HellermannTyton.
Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 7+ years Extrusion experience
- Prior leadership experience preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic to advanced computer skills.
- Prior forklift experience, preferred.
- Must be willing to work daily overtime and weekend overtime and to be on-call, when necessary, in order to meet the needs of our customers.
- Must have a valid driver's license, with an acceptable driving record, along with adequate insurance.