Our Milwaukee client is hiring a Maintenance Mechanic. This is a direct hire position at a midsized, state of the art food manufacturer, with a fun and talented team.
The Maintenance Mechanic is a skilled position responsible for evaluating and modifying equipment for maximum efficiencies including OEM updates or in-house fabrication. This role is responsible for designing, implementing and overseeing a comprehensive preventative maintenance and repair program for all equipment used in the manufacturing environment. This person is responsible to manage tools, parts and some supplies and they will communicate with OEMs, parts vendors and related service providers. This person can document protocols, administer the maintenance & training programs, actively engage in repairs and maintenance tasks and is the root cause analysis lead for Maintenance. This role is the designated primary trainer for proper machine and equipment use and coordinates with Quality Assurance & Production Departments on training objectives including operation of the equipment in compliance with our Food Safety & OSHA requirements per the IIPP (Injury, Illness Prevention Program).
Shift Hours: 8:00AM to 4:30PM
Pay Ranges: $33-40/hr based on experience
- Develop and maintain documentation to record Non-conformances, maintenance and repair activities including downtime.
- Direct repair and maintenance activity and supervise performance of tasks.
- Ensure that Preventative Maintenance tasks are performed correctly and according to schedule.
- Ensure that broken or malfunctioning equipment is diagnosed and repaired as quickly as possible in order to prevent lost productivity and update the maintenance or instructions for use as needed to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor equipment performance, adjust & repair as needed for constant improvement.
- Maintain an inventory of tools and supplies needed for completing maintenance & repair tasks and implement MRO processes.
- Procure or fabricate parts as necessary.
- Coordinate installation of new equipment and equipment modifications.
- Manage equipment vendor relationships including attending necessary tradeshows or events as well as Factory Approved Testing (FAT) meetings.
- Communicate with equipment manufacturers to assist with equipment development & implementation, to troubleshoot problems, coordinate service & repairs and to procure parts and supplies as necessary.
- Train Machine Technicians on proper operation and routine maintenance tasks as needed.
- Maintain existing training manuals and assist with creating additional training materials. Improve training manuals and documents to ensure material is relevant & digestible.
- Report any observations of damage or misuse of machines & equipment.
- Be an active member of the Safety Committee, responsible for the Machine Safety & Lock Out, Tag Out programs and HAZMAT database for SDS.
- Comply with all food and employee safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Responsible for being aware of and following all food safety protocols as required by Rishi Tea’s food safety management system, as they relate to this position.
We are HIRING IMMEDIATELY for this position, so don’t miss out on an opportunity to join a team and a culture geared toward you and your professional goals.