Material Handler/Inventory Control - 2nd Shift - $18-$23
Are you seeking a Material Handler / Inventory Control opportunity on 2nd shift in Waukesha County? How does a 4-day workweek sound?
Our Western Waukesha County client, a plastic injection molding company is looking to add a Material Handler/Inventory Control Associate to their 2nd shift team.
In this role, you will be responsible for preparing raw materials for production by picking, measuring, mixing, staging and the delivery of raw production materials between all manufacturing locations and warehouse facilities. This position is NOT a shipping receiving warehouse position. The Material Handler supports manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Ensure that the correct material is pulled, transferred, or staged for upcoming jobs per work instructions.
• Load and unload raw materials by forklift or manually handling material to the various job locations.
• May assist with correctly mixing materials to ensure the proper level of color concentrates, additives, and/or regrind is being used.
• Assist with any material/color changes for upcoming production.
• Ensure correct material labeling and storage procedures are being followed while stacking/storing product materials. Accurately record storage locations for inventory control purposes.
• Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee inventory accuracy and control are maintained. Assist in physical inventories when required.
• Report all potential inventory shortages, problems with raw materials or quality deviations immediately to the Shift Supervisor and/ or Production Inventory Controller.
• Use of IQMS Mobile Scanning Device to accurately keep track of any materials which are transferred to/from staging, storage, and manufacturing areas.
• Operate and/or clean material blenders, dryers and grinders.
• Optimize regrind usage at machine and assist in grinding of all scrap.
• Material sorting, wrapping, packing and repacking as needed. Sort pallets when necessary.
• Assist shipping and receiving by unloading trucks, checking in merchandise and distributing items to various departments.
• Relieve production operators for daily breaks.
• This position requires regular lifting of heavy loads (up to 50 pounds) multiple times throughout the shift.
Does this sound like you?
• Ability to speak, read, and write the English language. Comprehend simple instructions and work orders.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Basic computer skills.
• Detail orientated.
• Ability to apply common sense to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to succeed in dealing with difficult situations or problems with the outcome being favorable.
• Ability to work in a team or independently.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate issues or concerns should they arise. Ability to effectively communicate with fellow employees.
• Time management skills to complete assignment deadlines efficiently, with minimal assistance. • Flexibility to change assignments and priorities in a fast-moving environment.
• Seasoned forklift experience, preferably in a manufacturing warehouse. with at least 1-2 years warehouse experience.
• Punctual and regular attendance required. • During peak season, or based on company needs, overtime may be required.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Manual pallet jack
• Electric pallet jack
• Hand cart
• Pallet wrapper
2nd shift - 4:15 pm - 2:45 am, Monday - Thursday with possible OT as needed
Pay: $18-$23 based on experience
Upon hire company offers a strong benefit package: including: Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, 401K, Paid vacation and Holidays
Apply online today!