Shipping Clerk - 1st shift
Our client in Richfield is hiring for Shipping Clerks on 1st shift. This is a direct hire opportunity.
salary ranges from 30-40K
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Shipping Clerk will focus on routing of all shipments while being the main contact for questions from customer service about status on deliveries. This person will be one of the main points of contact between the team and the warehouse supervisors and leads. The shipping clerk will be recording every detail of the order, from packing items into containers to labeling them. They are also accountable for ensuring that each package gets shipped correctly and timely to avoid missing deliveries or lost goods!
- Prints ship list on a timely basis as allocated by Customer Service.
- Separates ship lists into small package/LTL shipments and pouch them.
- Determine the amount of labels required for each LTL shipment, print and pouch all labels.
- Assemble six-pack UPS/Fed Ex ground batches by priority of shipments. Enter and print mass ship lists for these batches.
- Call assigned carriers to request pick-up for all outgoing LTL orders as required.
- Field expediting requests from Customer Service, alert Warehouse Manager, obtain required information, and respond to Customer Service.
- Schedule delivery appointments for selected vendors, and maintain daily receiving log.
- Maintain entry of daily production logs in Microsoft Excel.
- Enter all P.O. receipts after order has been verified for quantity and content.
- Complete and maintain entry of daily paperwork for LTL and small package freight claims.
- Able to perform all job functions of both small package and LTL shipping areas as needed.
- May temporarily be assigned to other tasks requiring comparable or lesser skill levels.
- Communication with sales team about shipment to customers.