Our Southfield, MI client is looking to add a Senior Mechanical Designer to their team! As the Senior Mechanical Designer you will help to develop products for electric vehicles. You will design and develop automotive and commercial electric vehicle traction inverter products that comply with regulatory standards (Automotive OEM, ISO, SAE, UL, etc.) and customer specifications.
- Perform mechanical part and integration assembly design of high-power electronics and PCBA utilizing CREO 4.0 3D CAD in design for assembly and design for test
- Create drawings based on parametric CAD models per ANSI and ISO standards
- Design of injection molded engineering plastics, seals, machining, die cast aluminum, and stamped metal parts
- Work closely with lead engineers, lead designer and with simulation/analysis team members
- Communicate project progress to project management and manage project risk appropriately
- AS in CAD Design Minimum
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in 3D CAD / solid modeling software
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with CREO 4.0 Parametric 3D CAD software is required
- BSET or higher with focus on CAD design
- Experience with cast aluminum parts, injection molded plastics and stamped metal components
- Experience with PLM/PDM systems required and experience with ENOVIA is preferred
- Experience working knowledge of various commodities, cost drivers, and manufacturing techniques
- Team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication
This is a temp-to-hire position with the possibility of being hired on after proven performance. This position can work onsite or remotely.
Shift: 1st shift