Immediate openings for experienced Machine Operators on multiple shifts. Interested in a fast-paced and rapidly growing corporation? If you have experience with paper converting, material converting of raw materials, folders and/or some type of rewinder knowledge, our Cudahy based client has a great opportunity for you as a Converting Machine Operator.
- Set up machine and make necessary changes to ensure quality material is produced
- Independently manage rates and objectives of the machine, identifying gaps/shortcomings and recommending potential solutions
- Be aware of machine results and take initiative to respond to poor results
- Be able to perform basic PM on machines
- Identify and solve immediate and short-term machine quality, waste, delay and safety issues.
- Recognize and communicate nature of machine health issues to maintenance/supervisor for identification and resolutions
- Keep records up to date and communicate fully with other team members.
- Insure workmanship standards are met on materials manufactured and perform quality control tests when applicable
- Enter SFO data
- Lead the development of GRS documents where applicable
- Enter quality data in the system
Shift(s) & Pay:
- 2nd Shift: (2pm – 10pm)
- 3rd Shift: (10pm – 6am)
- PM Shift: (6pm – 6am)
- Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour depending on experience
This position has the responsibility to work independently on the machines, produce quality product efficiently, and assist in leading the team to hit defined goals for the company. The candidate will be responsible for safety on the line, operations, quality, production, housekeeping and operational maintenance.
- High school diploma required
- Technical degree and/or demonstrated and related experience
- Ability to operate forklift or other lift equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and proficient in reading and writing English
- Have a self-motivated, proactive and a positive “can do” attitude
- Have a good work, safety, and performance and attendance record
- Able to work overtime, holidays and weekends when asked or scheduled
- Physical ability to perform manual labor, which may include – lifting, bending and repetitive motions