Are you motivated and looking for a new, exciting position in manufacturing? If the answer is yes, we have a great opportunity for you!
Our client is local to New Berlin, WI and is seeking an experienced, 1st shift CNC Machine Operator to join their team. Ideal candidates are motivated, reliable and willing to learn. This position pays $25/hour and starts day one benefits, like…
- Medical, dental and vision insurance through Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Mental health care and substance abuse treatment
- Care for both the individual and dependents
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Free life insurance with medical plan
The right candidate for this position will have a general understanding of basic machine operating and tool grinding. This person should be able to shift gears quickly and lift up to 30 lbs. Machine Operators will be expected to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
Other job duties include…
- Set up/operate any and all CNC lathes and mills in a safe and efficient manner
- Train other workers in machining and production operation as well as safety and quality-related activities
- Program G and M conde on Horizontal Lathe, Vertical Mill and machining Center
- Work with supervisors and engineering to create/refine tooling prints and finished products
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications
- Organize, track and work with vendors for machining consumables and steel requirements order/restock
- Operate surface grinders
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, etc.
- Perform inspections of parts using measuring instruments and perform daily upkeep and routine maintenance
- Follow written and verbal instructions from production supervisors
If this position sounds like a fit for you, make sure you meet the following requirements.
- Basic reading, writing, math skills through a high school diploma or GED
- At least three (3) years of experience operating/programming a CNC matching center
- Knowledge of setup and operation of all CNC equipment in area
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments and read blueprints/drawings
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical equipment, fixtures and codes
- Must be familiar with Solid Works, Cam Works or Master Cam
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment (safety glasses, earl plugs, etc.)
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to think creatively and meet challenges with resourcefulness
- Have excellent time management/organizational skills
Our client is hiring immediately for this role, so jumpstart your career in manufacturing and put your mechanical skills to the test.
Don’t wait—apply now!