Part-Time Senior Financial Analyst
Are you seeking the next step in your career? Do you love dealing in the details, learning from data and putting strategies in action?
If you’re local to Waukesha, WI, we have an opportunity for you! Our client is actively seeking an experienced, data-driven Senior Financial Analyst for IMMEDIATE start. This role pays $34 / hr - $40 / hr depending on experience. This is a temporary, 6-month contract position.
JOB SUMMARY: In this role, you will be responsible for performing senior-level professional work in development, implementation and administration of automated financial, accounting, budgeting or business management activities for a department on a countywide basis.
SHIFT & HOURS:
- 1st shift: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday (typical office hours)
- Assists and advises departments in the development of budget requests, and independently interprets budget proposals and data to the County Executive and committees of the County Board
- Confers with and advises department heads and other employees of generally accepted accounting principles, laws, codes, and regulations, with authority to make commitments to establish proper accounting and budgeting treatment for financial transactions and procedures
- Leads and works with county department and third-party administrators regarding computerized payroll applications, software conversions, and upgrades
- Schedules, creates test plans, coordinates, trains, and problem-solves various computerized applications and conversions, coordinating the needs of third-party administrators and the county
- Develops, analyzes, and interprets complex financial and statistical data to determine and recommend budget assumptions, department tax levy targets, internal controls, and the costs of positions, programs, labor contracts, interdepartmental charges, and department operations
- Monitors the execution of operating budgets, investigates variances from projected expenditures or revenues, and recommends corrective actions to fiscal staff, department heads, elected officials, and other employees
- Develops and implements office automation tools for end users which includes development and design of database interfaces and the integration of multiple applications within one document
- Prepares complex and detailed multivariate cost models, such as annual wage projection, and uses these models to analyze, develop, and recommend financial forecasts, and internal and external rates/fees for services, and to assist in the automation of a large portion of individual department annual budget requests
- Analyzes financial and policy requests and makes recommendations to management and the County Executive and the County Board
- Participates on special project work groups, initiating changes and improvements to County policy and procedures
- Performs detailed reviews of financial reports and computerized systems to ensure that proper financial procedures have been followed
- Assists external auditors by compiling financial data, and assists in internal audits by performing audit fieldwork, including program evaluations and reviews
- Develops financial and narrative reports analyzing and interpreting accounting or budgetary systems and controls with recommendations for improvements
- Designs, implements, tests, and maintains detailed automated accounts, spreadsheets, ledgers, records, and procedures including performing complex account/bank reconciliations
- Plans, assigns, reviews, evaluates and coordinates the work of clerical and other department personnel in accounting, payroll, budgeting, or billing areas, provides necessary training and effectively recommends actions regarding staffing and organizational changes
- Reviews and records complex accounting or budget transactions, and makes allocations to designated accounts and funds to ensure uniform application of County financial policy
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, finance or a closely related field (Master’s degree will be counted as 1 year of experience)
- 2 years of professional work experience in the area of budget preparation and review, accounting, financial reporting or internal auditing
- Knowledge of modern practices of general accounting, payroll management, administration and management
- Knowledge of principles of auditing in the public sector, particularly budget development and control or accounting
- Intermediate or advanced computer skills (report generation, spreadsheet, data base management, word processing, etc.)
- Ability to work both individually and with a team in a professional manner
Our client is HIRING IMMEDIATELY for a dedicated Senior Financial Analyst, so don’t wait to put your application in!
Los reclutadores de habla hispana están disponibles a su solicitud.