2nd Shift SMT Operator
Are you mechanically inclined and on the hunt for a new challenge in manufacturing? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
Our client is local to Racine, WI and is URGENTLY hiring a reliable, self-starting Maintenance Technician/Surface Mount Technology Operator on ALL SHIFTS who can set up and operate surface mount machines such as screeners, placement machines and ovens.
This position pays $16.00 / hr - $20.00 hr depending on experience. Candidates who opt for second or third shift are eligible for a $2.50 wage increase.
SHIFT & HOURS:
- 1st shift: 6:15 a.m.-2:45 p.m., Monday-Friday
- 2nd shift: 2:30 p.m.-11:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
- 3rd shift: 10:00 p.m.-6:30 a.m., Monday-Friday
The right candidate for this position will be expected to set up, operate and shutdown equipment as well as monitor, plan and execute work orders. Other job duties include…
- Following prints and sample assemblies or taking/understanding verbal instructions
- Selecting feeders, screen and any other equipment necessary to perform the job
- Positioning and securing board in holding device, machine table or fixtures/loading proper programs and modifications as needed
- Observing operation of machine and verifying conformance of completed assembly to specifications
Some manufacturing and soldering experience is required for this position. Other qualifications include…
- High school diploma, Associate’s Degree preferred, or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or 6 months-1 year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions such as safety, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Basic mathematical ability, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
This can be a physical role, so be sure you can regularly lift or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift or move up to 25 lbs. Any candidates with military experience are encouraged to apply.