Machine Operator - 2nd shift
Our Menomonee Falls area client is quickly growing and launching a new 2nd shift !
They're seeking machine operators who can work 2nd shift hours of 2pm - 12am, working four 10 hour days with Fridays off. Pay starts at $16.50/hour and it's a Temp to Hire position.
Great opportunity for some 3-day weekends in the summer!
Sets up and operates a production and/or packaging machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Fills, secures, and labels containers according to company and/or customer specifications. Verifies goods packaged against package invoices. Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion. Documents inventory number and weight and organizes packages.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operation of high-volume industrial bottling and packaging equipment, including but not limited to clearing jams and malfunctions.
- Load, monitor, count and sort materials, and ensure quality product is being produced in a timely manner on moderately complex to complex machines including: drop packing, bliss box, labeling machines, mixing and SIG machines.
- Complete timely quality checks and record results in computer or tablet.
- With limited assistance from Maintenance Technician, complete production changeovers where needed.
- Remove defective products or equipment from line and/or reposition materials to continue efficient production flow.
- Review bill of materials to make sure correct production components are being used in production.
- Assist maintenance technicians with moderately complex tasks as requested, with limited assistance or supervision. May make minor repairs to packaging equipment as needed.
- Follow strict quality, safety, and operational procedures.
- Prepare packaging materials and load product into boxes if required.
- Cross train others on all machines as deemed necessary.
You also qualify for benefits on day 1 during your temp to hire period.
Apply today to find your new home with a great company!