Shipping & Receiving Clerk - 1st Shift
Are you seeking an opportunity as a Shipping/Receiving Coordinator with a growing plastics company?
Our Pewaukee, WI client is seeking a Shipping/Receiving Coordinator on 1st shift for a long-term opportunity.
In this role, you will work in direction from the Warehouse Manager in all aspects of the warehousing and logistics processes both domestic and international. You will be responsible for receiving, storing, stocking and distributing a wide variety of materials and supplies and ensuring the completion of all warehouse procedures and practices. Contacts are mainly with the Warehouse Manager and warehouse employees who perform primarily manual labor. Work is reviewed on an ongoing basis though conferences and written report.
*Schedule shipping requirements through the direction of the warehouse manager using tools available or developed within the company's ERP system along with 3rd party Logistics software (Navishpere)
• Complete receiving demand requirements using tools available or developed within the ERP system.
• Build skids for shipment or storage; to include, stacking, wrapping and labeling.
• May help develop and implement procedures for the operations and maintenance of a computerized inventory control system; conduct review of inventory data.
• Under general supervision, coordinates the maintenances of inventories of commonly used items to maximize warehouse storage and prevent stocking of seldom used goods.
• Creative problem solving and critical thinking must be used on a daily basis to meet company goals.
• Perform quality assurance processes on paperwork, packaging, labeling, and damage audits.
• Perform incoming inspections on materials per the company's SOP requirements.
• Assist in scheduling domestic shipping appointments.
• Assist warehouse manager with negotiating the best possible freight rates to increase the company’s profitability.
• When directed, help production to identify any over or under built inventory when it’s discovered to help drive system improvements.
• Responsible for general warehouse cleaning, parking lot and dock housekeeping.
• Certified forklift driver (sit down and stand up) and ability to use warehouse equipment i.e.; pallet jack, wrapper, dolly, and utility carts.
• Require mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide and perform metric conversions.
• Maintain confidentiality of the information processed
• Recommend and enforce warehouse safety requirements.
• Other responsibilities, as given by Warehouse Manager.
• Follow general company policies and procedures.
1st shift: 7am - 3pm with paid breaks and overtime as necessary
Starting pay: $18/hour
Apply online today!