Machine Operator - 2nd shift - $22-25/hr
Our client in North Milwaukee is seeking experienced machine operators for 2nd shift, 2pm-10pm.
Pay ranges from $22-25/hr and this is a direct hire opportunity. Also plenty of opportunity for OT!
Apply now to speak with a recruiter and learn more
The Machine Operator will be responsible for operating equipment in the areas of coating, compounding, and/or converting. This position is responsible for the production of valuable, defect-free products that meet or exceed our customers' expectations. The machine operator will be successful in this position by executing to standard work and adhering to all company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform production equipment set up, clean up, safe operation and operator level maintenance of assigned equipment
- Ensure machines are running properly to create product to desired specifications. Read measurement devices such as rulers or calipers to ensure correct product specifications and tolerances are adhered to.
- Prepare pump and filtration systems for production process.
- Follow detailed written product specifications, perform in-process inspection, and operator level quality testing to maintain and ensure product quality. Evaluate and tag out defects as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and perform process adjustments to maintain product quality.
- Perform roll changes using material handling equipment and web threading.
- Maintain quality standards while meeting daily and weekly production goals. Maintain misses and quality issues as appropriate.
- Operate material handling equipment including forklifts and pallet jacks as required.
- Identify gaps and process improvements proactively. Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain accurate paperwork, labeling, packaging and material transaction. Support Lean Daily Management and Key Performance Indicator tracking. Record production data for entry in the ERP system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain safe working conditions in the department and maintain general housekeeping where appropriate.
- Performs other tasks as assigned. Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to, the tasks listed on this job description.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Basic computer (e-mail, Microsoft Office, and data entry) and math skills.
- Ability to physically perform job and safely lift & carry 50 lbs repeatedly, stand for 80% of shift, push/pull 100 lbs, and climb 14" 20-rung ladders.
- Ability to read & follow written directions and troubleshoot process issues.
- Mechanical aptitude (working with hand tools, pneumatic tools, following work instructions for disassembling and reassembling various types of process equipment).
- Must be able to read a ruler accurately within 1/64".
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Previous experience experience in roll forming/printing/web handling/compounding/coating.
- Previous experience with forklift operation and lean manufacturing practices.
- Desire to learn and willingness and ability to be cross-trained on other machines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Flexible in schedule to work overtime and weekends.