Looking for your next job and an opportunity to grow professionally in manufacturing?
start the new year with a new job at our Menomonee Falls area client, who's urgently hiring machine operators for 1st and 2nd shift.
Apply now and get started asap with a great company!
- 1st shift: 6:00 am to 4:00 pm, Mon-Thu
- 2nd shift: 3:50 pm to 3:05 am, Mon-Wed; 3:50 pm to 10:05 pm on Thu
Sets up and operates single or multiple spindle lathe type screw machines equipped with automatic indexing and feeding mechanisms to machine metal bar stock by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be machined, and tooling instructions such as cutting speeds, feed rates, depth of cuts, and cutting tools to be used.
- Positions and secures specified collets, bushings, and stock pushers onto stock feeding mechanism and loads bar stock into feeding mechanism.
- Installs and adjusts specified cams, gears, and stops to control stock and tool movements at each station. Positions and secures tools in tool holders.
- Sets cutting speeds and feed rates.
- Moves controls to cycle machine through settings, stopping machine and adjusting tool positions and machine controls to allow for operating factors such as timing, clearance between moving parts, and chip removal.
- Starts machine, observes operation, and inspects first run and sample work piece to ensure machining conforms to specifications.
- Replaces worn tools.
- Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
- Carry out work according to safety policies, OSHA standards and ISO requirements.
- Machines metal materials.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, convert to decimals, read measuring instruments.